HDDStockRoom.com - cloud service for donor drives inventory

ApexToolLab

Dear colleagues! We are glad to present you our new project HddStockRoom.com

The idea was born about 6 months ago. We created a database and the iOS app for inventory of our donor drives. After 1 month using it, we were so impressed, that we decided to do it for all our data recovery community.

Main condition! Using service will be FREE! (You will able to make a copy of your DB in any moment and use it in any other soft. You can import your HDD database in any format (xml, xls, xlsx, csv etc.). Just email it to us. Later, you will be able to do it directly from your account, but now we have to do it manually. Sorry for temporary inconvenience.)

Also, we are going to develop sales on the platform. If you wish to become a seller, then we’ll take a small percent.

We are going to create safe, affordable price and huge choice of HDD marketplace

Please give your opinion, wishes and suggestion.

Thanks!

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/RelPxR4ATpk[/bbvideo]

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I love this idea, but will there be an Andriod version? I'm not buying an iPhone just to use this.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, playing with it now.

Just a bit of early feedback....

The next button needs to be moved to the bottom of the screen when scanning the barcodes, otherwise, you need to use two hands to hold the phone aimed at the barcode and another to hit the button.

Also, the box for scanning the barcode isn't synced with where it's actually scanning. You have to aim it well below the barcode you're actually trying to scan.

Also, the address field is always auto-filled to what I can only assume is your address...

Perhaps one day it'll have support for QR code type of barcodes for the newer drives?

lcoughey

To keep this thread short, I'll just edit this post as more points come to my attention.

1. I scanned a drive, but don't see it on the site. How can we, at the very least, see our own listings?
  2. Is there any logic to notify with a SN conflict, just in case we try to enter a drive a second time?
  3. What currency is being used? Perhaps a drop-down to allow automatic conversions?
  4. What about a second photo of the PCB side of the drive, too?
  5. Who is going to determine the price of a drive?
  6. What about shipping and tax calculations?
  7. It would be nice to add sales details when we are adding the drive, rather than add the drive via our phone, then go to a system and price it out...though, having both as an option would probably be better.
  8. Home page can have instructions, but should also have some drives listed and/or links to categories. I'd probably just show the catalog below the the instructions and, rather than have the full instruction, just link to an instructions/signup page
  9. It would be nice to be able to add/modify missed fields when editing the drive on the website
  10. Perhaps also have a spot were someone looking for a drive can post the details and a request can be sent out the the registered sellers. If we have the needed part, we can add it to our inventory and allow the buyer to purchase it via the site
  11. it would be nice to access all the site features via the app, too
  12. Change error dialogs in app to English
  13. Add more fields for manual/scan codes, ie DCM, DOM, Country, Head Preamp, PCB #
  14. [highlight=yellow]Add an SSL cert and get the site setup as https right away[/highlight]
  15. Backup/Export personal inventory...put the onus on each member to backup their own data, just in case you have to revert back a few days
  16. Add flash media (thumb drives and camera cards), sometimes the NAND can be transplanted to an identical device with a working controller
  17. Location should be reworded, perhaps Storage Location

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
lcoughey":x5h16784 said:
To keep this thread short, I'll just edit this post as more points come to my attention.

1. I scanned a drive, but don't see it on the site. How can we, at the very least, see our own listings?
  2. Is there any logic to notify with a SN conflict, just in case we try to enter a drive a second time?
  3. What currency is being used? Perhaps a drop-down to allow automatic conversions?
  4. What about a second photo of the PCB side of the drive, too?
  5. Who is going to determine the price of a drive?
  6. What about shipping and tax calculations?

1. You can do this by clicking at the top where it says "cabinet" next to the logout button. Then click where it says "Stockroom". (it took me a while to figure this out too).
2. This is a definite must-have feature
3. I'd be happy with keeping it all in USD, but that might confuse y'all kanuks
5. You can set that once you are on the website looking at your stock.
6. I'm curious about that too....

pclab

Hi

Great Idea.
I have already registered and I can login on the website, but I can't login using the Android App.
What's wrong?
Ah, another thing: on the account profile, when inserting the website URL, it doesn't accept the dots :D
Thanks

lcoughey

Jared":33aaqswr said:
1. You can do this by clicking at the top where it says "cabinet" next to the logout button. Then click where it says "Stockroom". (it took me a while to figure this out too).
Thanks
3. I'd be happy with keeping it all in USD, but that might confuse y'all kanuks
I'm okay with that, but I was thinking more about those in other parts of the world.
5. You can set that once you are on the website looking at your stock.
As long as we are okay with a guy from India selling a drive for $10, that we have to sell for $100. I'm okay with the seller choosing the prices, but it is more about consistency that I was thinking.