HDDStockRoom.com - cloud service for donor drives inventory

ApexToolLab

datahaze":32y58c59 said:
Jared":32y58c59 said:
Yeah, but another guy in Canada may still be willing to pay your $100 rather than wait and pray it gets there safely from India or China.

I don't think there's any option other than to let the owner of the drive set the price. I've got some drives that I've got 10 of, so I don't mind letting them go for cheap. Other drives, I've only got one and it's a rare set of heads, so I don't want to let it go for less than a few hundred dollars.

There's really no way a computer can understand that well enough to set pricing.

Agreed that people should be able to set their own prices. Though I think a suggested price function would be nice, for example, it could poll historical prices for that model or the average selling price from the eBay API. It could save sellers a lot of time.

Agreed on 100% that people should be able to set their own prices.

pclab

Already working with another account!

One thing for now: the scanning of bar codes is kind of strange. If we move a little the camera to another bar code, the app automatically picks up that bar code. It's not easy to handle.
Maybe putting a button to confirm the code bar could improve this instead of letting the app control it.

lcoughey

Anti-spam measures may be needed. Perhaps a physical person to authorize to new user accounts or, at the very least, reseller permissions

ApexToolLab

lcoughey":o8wlqeuc said:
To keep this thread short, I'll just edit this post as more points come to my attention.

[*]Change error dialogs in app to English
[*]Add more fields for manual/scan codes, ie DCM, DOM, Country, Head Preamp, PCB #
[*][highlight=yellow]Add an SSL cert and get the site setup as https right away[/highlight][/list]

Change error dialogs in app to English - will be fixed in the next week in new version
Add more fields for manual/scan codes, ie DCM, DOM, Country, Head Preamp, PCB # will be added a little bit later
Add an SSL cert and get the site setup as https right away - on the next week

Thank you!

lcoughey

I've created a shared Google sheet where we can jointly share bugs / feature requests, making it easier for Andrey to quickly see them without having to read a dozen forum posts. I'll only add a handful of editors, those who will actively use and share feedback with Andrey, without whining and complaining.

ApexToolLab

lcoughey":g7k9zy0k said:
I've created a shared Google sheet where we can jointly share bugs / feature requests, making it easier for Andrey to quickly see them without having to read a dozen forum posts. I'll only add a handful of editors, those who will actively use and share feedback with Andrey, without whining and complaining.
Thank you, Luke!

ApexToolLab

We added https:// to the site. Authorization in Apps will work again tomorrow in new versions.

Also, we added a global editing function

lcoughey

I just tested downloading, editing and uploading my inventory with some tweaks and it was stupid simple and fast.