HDDStockRoom.com - cloud service for donor drives inventory

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but another guy in Canada may still be willing to pay your $100 rather than wait and pray it gets there safely from India or China.

I don't think there's any option other than to let the owner of the drive set the price. I've got some drives that I've got 10 of, so I don't mind letting them go for cheap. Other drives, I've only got one and it's a rare set of heads, so I don't want to let it go for less than a few hundred dollars.

There's really no way a computer can understand that well enough to set pricing.

ApexToolLab

Jared":1h4b8aei said:
Cool, playing with it now.

Just a bit of early feedback....

The next button needs to be moved to the bottom of the screen when scanning the barcodes, otherwise, you need to use two hands to hold the phone aimed at the barcode and another to hit the button.

Also, the box for scanning the barcode isn't synced with where it's actually scanning. You have to aim it well below the barcode you're actually trying to scan.

Also, the address field is always auto-filled to what I can only assume is your address...

Perhaps one day it'll have support for QR code type of barcodes for the newer drives?

Thank you Jared. Noted.
We work with the next version for android now.

QR code type of barcodes will be done.

ApexToolLab

lcoughey":16wmhl69 said:
To keep this thread short, I'll just edit this post as more points come to my attention.

1. I scanned a drive, but don't see it on the site. How can we, at the very least, see our own listings?
  2. Is there any logic to notify with a SN conflict, just in case we try to enter a drive a second time?
  3. What currency is being used? Perhaps a drop-down to allow automatic conversions?
  4. What about a second photo of the PCB side of the drive, too?
  5. Who is going to determine the price of a drive?
  6. What about shipping and tax calculations?
  7. It would be nice to add sales details when we are adding the drive, rather than add the drive via our phone, then go to a system and price it out...though, having both as an option would probably be better.
  8. Home page can have instructions, but should also have some drives listed and/or links to categories. I'd probably just show the catalog below the the instructions and, rather than have the full instruction, just link to an instructions/signup page
  9. It would be nice to be able to add/modify missed fields when editing the drive on the website
  10. Perhaps also have a spot were someone looking for a drive can post the details and a request can be sent out the the registered sellers. If we have the needed part, we can add it to our inventory and allow the buyer to purchase it via the site

Thank you, Luke, for questions and suggestions.
Now I can't answer about sales. It's in organization status. We'll use your questions in it.
About SN conflict, now it will be added as the second drive. Later will add notification message.
Good idea about the second photo.

datahaze

Jared":3j3ppsb1 said:
Yeah, but another guy in Canada may still be willing to pay your $100 rather than wait and pray it gets there safely from India or China.

I don't think there's any option other than to let the owner of the drive set the price. I've got some drives that I've got 10 of, so I don't mind letting them go for cheap. Other drives, I've only got one and it's a rare set of heads, so I don't want to let it go for less than a few hundred dollars.

There's really no way a computer can understand that well enough to set pricing.

Agreed that people should be able to set their own prices. Though I think a suggested price function would be nice, for example, it could poll historical prices for that model or the average selling price from the eBay API. It could save sellers a lot of time.

pclab

HI

This is the error I get when I try to login on the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-16-08-44-37-193_softwarecenter.com.hddscan.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-16-08-44-37-193_softwarecenter.com.hddscan.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 6,174