HDDOR and HDDSurgery Tools

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone ever used HDDOR tools ? I have not tried it, but it looks very similar to HDDSurgey tools. Will appreciate an unbiased review of the tools especially the HDDOR, which looks like a GHOST to me, because i have never seen or read any review from anyone for their products.

I have the level 2 head comb from Hddheadtools (Dolphin) http://www.hddheadtools.com/product/level-2-head-comb-suite/, am not impressed at all with their tools, the tools doesn't go in smoothly between the heads, falls off from the head, because it has no locks. Also the Head separators are too short and ends up damaging the heads sometimes.

The HDDOR could very well be a crap, but I need a review from anyone who has ever used the tool and not their competitors. HDDSurgery prices are ridiculously high, a good and healthy competition in this area of our profession could be all we needed.

Banky

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
From what we can tell they are just scammers who keep trying to get people to place a large order and become a "reseller". I don't think anyone actually has a tool made by them.

jol

Bankole Oladoja":29pkwgjc said:
[post]2651[/post] Has anyone ever used HDDOR tools ?
I bought the full Tool Kit set, which is all the head combs they have to offer.
if I used them... ? see below
[post]2651[/post] but it looks very similar to HDDSurgey tools
It looks like an imitation, (but not exactly)
[post]2651[/post] Will appreciate an unbiased review of the tools especially the HDDOR
here you go
I didn't had the chance to test them all, so far I tested two of them.

1) tested a 3.5" 3 platters, used the WDC 3.5" Ramp p2-3 tool.
the head comb it self does it job, fits good, preventing the head from touching each other.
But... the secure pin can't go inside, because the hole isn't in the exact place it's supposed to be, it's shifted a little bit (tiny), which prevents the secure pin to go inside , i used the secure pin from the plastic head comb set instread.
2kfv55.jpg

2) tested a 2.5" 2 platters, used the WDC 2.5" Ramp p1-2 tool.
doing the job well, fits good, preventing the head from contacting, and the secure pin fits.
so... good tool.
Regarding their support... read below.
[post]2651[/post] because i have never seen or read any review from anyone for their products.
I'll be the first :)
[post]2651[/post] a good and healthy competition in this area of our profession could be all we needed.
hard to say that HDDOR fits in this category,
ISTM, that the they are more interested in selling their product than listen to you or providing support.
before I bought it, emails was flying around back and forth, every question was answered almost immediately, and any delay from my side was followed with another email from them.
but after I bought it... suddenly there is a silent.
I approached them with the problem regarding the secure pin on the WDC 3.5 ramp p2-3, but there is no respond or any comment from their side.
So, I doubt very much if you could consider them as a healthy candidate competition with HDDSurgery, but if you accept the product with their drawbacks vs the pricing, knowing that after buying you can talk to the wall,

talk-to-wall.jpg

:)
then...
but judge for yourself.
I'm sorry it came out so long, but had to write all the facts.

P.S. if I'll test the other tools came in the set, I hope to update here.
but know this, it's definitely gonna take some time.

LarrySabo

Thanks for the review, Jol! At $240 USD, they are not cheap. I would expect better quality for that price.