HDD Platter Burnish / Glide System

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Emailed and asked, still waiting to hear back. I'd expect it's a lot of money in relation to the 2% of cases it's likely to help with. But, if you work in volume like Kroll does, it's probably a worthwhile investment.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
$55,000 USD give or take depending on the specifics. A bit rich for my blood, maybe Luke will want to buy a toy like that for his. :)

lcoughey

If you were able to get $5-10k for each job that requires such a system, it would make sense. But, most of the clients I get barely accept $1400 for head changes.

Though, it may be worth partnering with my insurance contacts to get this system.

If it can extract data directly, I will say it worth the price.
Can there ever be one ?? that extracts data directly from Plata ??.. can't wait to see it.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
While that concept isn't new, I don't think anyone will ever be able to invent such a machine. And even if they did, the cost would be prohibitive as it would take an absurd amount of R&D to even build one that could interpret the data from a few models, let alone all of them. There's just too many variations and variables to account for to build a universal platter reader.

Besides, SSDs will run HDDs off the shelves long before anyone invents such a machine. This machine is little more than a glorified platter washer.