Hard Drive Failed Any Hail Marys?

soviet_camacho

Bought a toshiba p300 3tb HDD about a year and a half ago. then out of no where my windows would not boot and even when i did get it to boot i couldnt do anything. apps wouldnt start when i requested and when i told the pc to shut down it just ignored my request. Windows in installed on my nvme drive and i used my hdd as mass storage for pics, movies, and games. i finally figured out it was my hdd after i unplugged all drives and plugged them back in 1 by 1 until the problem started. So apps wont load hard drive shows up in device manager and i can see it under file explorer however it only shows its the D: drive and doesnt show storage amount and if i do anything to try to access it in anyway the program im using to access it freezes until i unplugged the hdd again and then the app works like it never had a problem i.e. disk part file explorer disk mngmt even ubuntu terminal with gddrescue. so final question is what happend to the drive and is there any hail marys i can do to recover data off of it?

Iv had this very same problem happen to me before with an old ide drive i was trying to get data off of using a usb to ide adapter.
Model number of drive is HDKPC08AMA01 S or part numer HDWD130

pclab

I don't think that without pro tools you can do anything...
If data is important, you should call a DR guy.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's definitely not a DIY case given what you describe. Professional recovery or the scrap bin are your only two options I'm afraid.