Google +1 for SEO

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I've been reading up and it seems that getting a good number of +1's on Google Plus is really good for SEO.

Why don't we all post our G+ page links here and whenever we are board we can spend a minute giving each other some SEO props.

I'll start it off. Here's my G+ page: https://plus.google.com/+DatamedicsRecovery

Now post yours if you want some free +'s

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
All I do is post links to articles on my site there. Then when they get +1'ed it counts toward that article on my site giving it a small boost. But a lot of small boosts to different pages can have a big effect on overall SEO.

LarrySabo

I get excellent page ranking for "computer repair" searches in my primary market areas (Kanata, Stittsville, Nepean), but I'm nowhere to be found in searches for "data recovery" in Ottawa--the surrounding metropolitan area, where most of the data recovery potential lies. Google seems to weigh geographic location very heavily and we are in the burbs, so that works against me.

Also, Google+ lists just "Computer Repair Service" on my Google+ page, even though I have "Data Recovery Service" as a secondary business type. I'd like to build my data recovery presence and must find an affordable way to do that. Pay-per-view is beyond my means, I suspect.