Good Way to Store HDD PCBs

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've finally come up with a good way to store HDD PCBs that doesn't take up a ton of space and is really easy to find the one you need:

PCB Jewel Case.jpg
PCB Rack.jpg

That's right, CD jewel cases w/o the actual CD trays inside.

Now it's just a matter of time before my wife gets them all organized and on the racks.

lcoughey

Nice, in theory, if you only have a handful of PCBs. The jewell case idea is still a good one, if you have enough cases to go around, but the CD racks needed to store hundreds of of PCBs might require too much floor space.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
lcoughey":3gizu7bs said:
Nice, in theory, if you only have a handful of PCBs. The jewell case idea is still a good one, if you have enough cases to go around, but the CD racks needed to store hundreds of of PCBs might require too much floor space.

I'm only keeping two of each number (can fit two per jewel case), and the rest are going back into their chaotic bins of loosely matched by shape sorting. I just figure it'll save me a ton of time searching through them to find the specific one I need each time. If I ever need more than two at a time of the same PCB, then I'll just have to go dig for one like I usually do.

The jewel cases are dirt cheap on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-STANDARD-CD ... SwFnFWB6MO

In reality, the vast majority of my PCBs are still mounted on drives which are in my inventory. I've got so many drives here that I rarely ever need to actually buy just a PCB. But, it's easy enough to find the drive I want since those are mostly all in my inventory list.