DRUG wrote:Nowadays keeping the data safe isn't something average joe will be able to do.
HaQue wrote:Source of the postDRUG wrote:Nowadays keeping the data safe isn't something average joe will be able to do.
agree, but I will go a step further: the average joe knows so little about computers that they cant even backup effectively anymore.
* 1 - 4 iphones, an ipad or 2 ... do they even REALLY know what iCloud is, or encrypted backups, or where the backups are, or.. or... or??
* 2 or 3 laptops and probably a desktop .. if all these are backed up and malware free it would be a miracle
* other IoT stuff.. TV, Media players, SOHO router.. are the firmwares updated, vuln free? even HAVE updates for some major vulnerable code?
* credential management.. passwords not re-used, shared or stupid?? changed sometimes, or even wilder thought, using a password manager? wifi secured?
* Credit monitored? would they even know if credit was compromised, or identity?
* practice safe computing with USB devices, flash drives etc?
* best of all.. do the say "oh, why do we have to listen to your hacking poop?" when you try and bring attention to Ransomware and to be careful with attachments and macros!
I could go on and on, but this is 90% of the population.. IMHO!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests