File list tools ?

slingshot

If you don't have a PC-3000 (like me) what is the preferred way of generating file lists to pass on to customer on whats recoverable etc ?

Thanks in advance guys.

LarrySabo

I use Snap2HTML from RL Vision to generate lists of what was recovered. The html file can be read on all OS platforms, which is handy for iOS recoveries. My DFL-SRP appends ".bad" to files that were not recovered without error using selective file recovery and I tell the customer to just type ".bad" in the search box of the listing window to see which files were "unrecoverable." Works great! :)

Unfortunately, if the drive was imaged and files recovered from the image, there is no feature in SRP that lets me flag corrupted files that way, although I've asked for it.

lcoughey

PC3000 only produces a text list of damaged files...not good files. So, we always save the recovery out, splitting good and damaged into folders of those names and then use SNAP2HTML to generate a file listing for client review. DeepSpar generates a SNAP2HTML-like report too.

slingshot

Luke, I presume this would be the 'ImgReports' tab in the DRE ? Im still using a DDI3 with DRE 3.2 at the moment, I blew a DDI4 up :oops:

I use Snap2HTML or Primitive Disk Indexer to generate file list.
Sometimes happens that many files can't be recovered (heads could die if we try to read not important files), in such case i prefer to send editable file list to customer, then he can tick which are the most important file for him to be recovered, then customer can send to DR the edited list.
If you need to send to your customer the editable file list, you might use ReclaiMe Pro to generate it. Send to customer only .csv file and FileListViewer executable file
http://www.reclaime-pro.com/manual/expo ... elist.aspx

Another advantage of ReclaiMe Pro is that it can generate file list of Mac and Linux filesystem in windows, without having to emulate these filesystems with tools as MacDrive or Ext2fsd.

slingshot

michael chiklis":1hog24bp said:
I use Snap2HTML or Primitive Disk Indexer to generate file list.
Sometimes happens that many files can't be recovered (heads could die if we try to read not important files), in such case i prefer to send editable file list to customer, then he can tick which are the most important file for him to be recovered, then customer can send to DR the edited list.
If you need to send to your customer the editable file list, you might use ReclaiMe Pro to generate it. Send to customer only .csv file and FileListViewer executable file
http://www.reclaime-pro.com/manual/expo ... elist.aspx

Another advantage of ReclaiMe Pro is that it can generate file list of Mac and Linux filesystem in windows, without having to emulate these filesystems with tools as MacDrive or Ext2fsd.

Thanks very much for this, I will look into it further as I like the method of getting the customer to select the files they want ;)