Blizzard
Experienced DR Tech

ER-Tools And Acetoollab [ Experience With Headswaps/Platter Stucks ]

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I use the spin or spin/tap technique to release and often find that the heads still work. I have the aluminum unstick tools but I won't use them. I have used the plastic unstick tools in the past but not any more. I can't see how you can slide an aluminum tool across the platters, use pressure to seat it, and expect no platter damage. I have my doubts about the plastic tools being safe too. If the tools are working for others that's great, we all have to do what we are comfortable with and believe will get the customer the best results.

LarrySabo
Data Recovery Master

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Looks good! I think I damaged my drive when I removed the bottom screw. I don't use a bench, so have to tilt the drive to get at the screw. It was at that time that the tool swung around and cause the damage. If my clean chamber were taller, I'd use a bench and that would reduce a lot of the risk of this sort of thing happening. Overall, I'm really pleased with all of your tools and don't want to leave a false impression to the contrary.

Bankole Oladoja
Experienced DR Tech

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm

LarrySabo wrote:Looks good! I think I damaged my drive when I removed the bottom screw. I don't use a bench, so have to tilt the drive to get at the screw. It was at that time that the tool swung around and cause the damage. If my clean chamber were taller, I'd use a bench and that would reduce a lot of the risk of this sort of thing happening. Overall, I'm really pleased with all of your tools and don't want to leave a false impression to the contrary.

Have you tried the tool again on a different Drive ?
Oladoja Bankole
Exclusive Data Recovery Lab. EDARLAB
Abuja, Nigeria.
http://www.edarlab.com
Tel: 08032419528

LarrySabo
Data Recovery Master

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 am

Bankole Oladoja wrote:Have you tried the tool again on a different Drive ?

Not yet.

Return to “Physical Data Recovery Tools”