Entry form for hdd

LoboX

Sup all

I am trying to make a simple form for when a customer comes to the store i will fill out the form and enter the hdd to the lab, im just trying to add fields, anybody have knowledge regarding this?? what do you guys use?

Right now i have this

CUSTOMER INFO
Name
Company
Tel
cel
email

HDD INFO
Brand
Serial/SN
Model/MDL
HDD Date
Size/Capacity
DCM
LBA
Product of
WWN
PN
SITE
FW/Firmware
Type of HDD
NOTES

Any tip will be appreciated thanks

pclab

Hey

I don't take so many notes, or that will take me 2 hours heheheh.
I take:
Name, phone, address, mail, HDD brand, model and serial, the problem with the HDD and if there's any kind of more important files/folders.
That's it.

LarrySabo

I get customer contact information when they fill out my work order, and make notes about what happened (history) to the drive, what files they especially need, etc. Drive details are entered into my case report as I work on the recovery. If I add the drive to my inventory, I may include additional details, if relevant. The work order is for checking in computers for repair and hard drives, and has the terms and conditions on the reverse. I didn't show the whole work order in the snapshot referenced above.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
In my office, we do put down drive info right away, and make the customer sight a chain of custody with model/serial on it. It's our "proof" of what drive was actually dropped off in case of a mix-up ever.

LoboX

Excellent thanks guys for the input, if anyone else have any other tips, it would be appreciated

HaQue

For hdd's and flash drives, I take a pic of the whole lot the customer gives with the job number card in the picture. I have had too many give wrong cables, no cables but say they did and even dispute that it was the actual hard disk I recovered! the usual stuff they said as well. Also helps when looking for donor matches and don't have to refer back to the file all the time

but having a pretty simple form is key, and always follow up if they missed ANYTHING you aren't clear on right away. a scotch and a sleep can easily wipe away all the stuff you nodded to the day before ;-)