Enable USB debug

pclab

Hi Guys

Does anyone know a way to enable USB debug on phones with broken LCD or with pattern/pin locked?
If you can't say (and if there's a way), can you just say if it's possible or not? To see if I continue the search or not....

Thanks

datahaze

Some androids support host USB mode which you can use to attach an adapter to an HDMI out so you can see the screen on an external screen. You could also attach a mouse/keyboard this way.

pclab

datahaze":37tv1zhh said:
[post]13635[/post] Some androids support host USB mode which you can use to attach an adapter to an HDMI out so you can see the screen on an external screen. You could also attach a mouse/keyboard this way.

Yeah, but in case of a locked pattern or pin, it doesn't work.

datahaze

Do you mean it's locked out from too many password attempts or just that there is a lock screen with a pattern? If it's the latter and the pattern is known, a mouse/keyboard and an external monitor should get you in. I find often phones with broken screens still register touch correctly even if there is no video output. Maybe this is something a cellebrite could help with, though I'm not too familiar with them.

pclab

Yeah, I mean the pattern or pin is lost.
I'm really asking this because I got a 2nd hand Cellebrite Touch, but if the phone doesn't not have the USB debug on, it can't get the data.

datahaze

Aah I see, short of finding a vuln in the OS I don't imagine you're getting in. Maybe they're running an old Android version with a publicly-known exploit. If not, you might be able to use a fuzzing technique to get access but then you're really getting into territory where it's probably not worth the time/cost.