E-Zpass Email Scam

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, just wanted to warn about a new type of email virus being spread around. It claims that you have a negative account on your E-Zpass from going through a toll and your debt card was declined. Attached to it is an "invoice" which appears as a doc file but is actually a javascript file. I almost clicked on this because just the other day I did go through a few tolls and I know my debt card on file is expired.

If it's good enough to almost fool me (after sorting through about 100 scams a day), it's a good one.

pclab

The virus that encrypts data here in my country, comes as a message from the post office, claiming that you have a package to pick up.....

LarrySabo

One thing I like about MailWasher Pro, is it's ability to preview mail in plain text before fully downloading it from the server. Too many end users don't take the time and care to do that, so they end up infected/victimized. Same about backups; had a call from someone this morning who was hit with Crypto<whatever> and, of course, he has no back-ups.