DVR Data Recovery Expert Needed

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a DVR unit here that malfunctioned slightly and isn't showing the last recorded clip of video which the customer needs. He was smart and shut it down right after the incident, he had even viewed the video once before shutting it down. However, on power up the last segment of video was gone.

I've already run a trial of DVR Examiner and verified that it is able to recognize and extract video from the DVR. However, it'll only let me preview the oldest segment of video, so I can't check if the needed video is actually found. $500 is a lot to spend on a one-use license, especially if you can't verify that the video you need is really there.

Anyone here who's a DVR expert and know of another way to recover H.264 videos from a drive w/o paying for a license of this software?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
jol":2q6x4cyc said:
Have you tried recover_mp4 ?

Interesting. I always thought that was just a repair utility. Now how would you run that against a whole hard drive containing weeks of video fragments in a proprietary format?

jol

Like it would be one huge file
Just use a sample file (I hope you have one, or can be arranged) on the 1st step with the parameter --analyze