Dust particle Measuring Device

LarrySabo

A side-by-side comparison with a Dylos 1100 Pro would be really interesting.

Did the SPS30 come with all the requires software or was the Evaluation kit required for that? The Digi-Key cost for the SPS30 is $70 CAD but for the evaluation kit it's $128 CAD, plus shipping. The costs are slightly lower from Newark but I don't know what their shipping cost is. Digi-Key has a flat $8 CAD shipping cost.

pclab

Hi Larry

Yeah, doing a comparison would be great, but I don't know anyone who owns one that can lend it to me to make tests.
The Evaluation Kit can be used with software that they provide on their website.
The complete kit costed me 75€ (shipping included)

pclab":2u76hv8a said:
Hi Larry

Yeah, doing a comparison would be great, but I don't know anyone who owns one that can lend it to me to make tests.
The Evaluation Kit can be used with software that they provide on their website.
The complete kit costed me 75€ (shipping included)
Nice price for this device I guess

pclab

Well, I have received the Kit and for it's measurements, my laminar flow cabinet is in great shape (when ON the particle count of 0.3 and 0.5 goes to 0).
I will later post some videos of it working.

LarrySabo

Still would like to see a side-by-side comparison with the Dylos 1100 Pro or a certified particle counter. I can see where having this would help those that use a vertical flow bench, as I suspect the air in the chamber/room needs to be purged of particles over the first few minutes of operation. With a horizontal flow unit, I don't think there would be as long a delay. Once the fan is up to speed, it's as clean as it's going to get at the drive bench surface, I believe. Anyone disagree?.