Jared
Forum Admin

Does Model Matter For WD LDR?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Does anyone know if the model really matters for using an LDR so long as it's the same family and consolidated ROM version?

Only reason I ask, is that I'm considering putting together a consolidated pack of ldr's for each family and not sure if I just need to do one of each version or one for each model & version

Jared
Forum Admin

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 am

OK, so after doing some digging I've discovered that the LDR module is only specific to the consolidated ROM version. Going to a different model or even a different capacity drive makes no difference. If the ROM version is the same, module 11 is always the same.

I think I'm going to start consolidating WD families into collections of LDR's by ROM version. Might make this whole process a lot faster, and then as new ones pop up we can just post in the appropriate family.

jol
Data Recovery Pro

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:27 pm

thank for the info

pclab
Forum Moderator

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Great. Thanks
www.pclab.com.pt
facebook.com/PCLAB.Assistencia.Tecnica

ScotchBroth
Data Recovery Noob

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:12 pm

You're saying Model and capacity don't matter. But I'm guessing that family still matters?

EDIT: I'm asking if anyone has tried a matching ROM F/W version from a different family.

Jared
Forum Admin

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Yes, I went through and compared a bunch of them within the same family but different' models/capacity and module 11 is all the same just as long as it's the same family and consolidated ROM version. I didn't check every family, but enough that I'm satisfied it doesn't matter in most cases. That's why I just started my collection of family based ldr's using just the consolidated ROM.

Return to “Firmware, ROM, & LDR Requests”