Desperately in need of help recovering a file

deytah

I mistakenly deleted a very important 50gb rar file from my 1tb Seagate BUP RD hard drive, and the file was too big to go to recycle bin. How do I recover? I really need some help here. Thanks

lcoughey

Here is an abbreviated version was what was suggested on Reddit

1. get a full sector-by-sector clone of the drive
2. try various data recovery programs (R-Studio, UFS Explorer, GetDataBack, etc) to see which one gives you the best result. Avoid spammy garbage programs like Recuva, MiniTool, Stellar, EaseUS, etc.
3. pay for the program and save your file out to another drive (not the original and not the clone)

deytah

lcoughey":13rldgzw said:
Here is an abbreviated version was what was suggested on Reddit

1. get a full sector-by-sector clone of the drive
2. try various data recovery programs (R-Studio, UFS Explorer, GetDataBack, etc) to see which one gives you the best result. Avoid spammy garbage programs like Recuva, MiniTool, Stellar, EaseUS, etc.
3. pay for the program and save your file out to another drive (not the original and not the clone)

What's the tutorial for using R-Studio for recovering data

pclab

Pretty easy actually: open Rstudio, select your drive to scan, click on Scan, select all files and the type of partition you have (if you know which one it it, just select that) and hit scan again, wait until it finishes.
It's basically this.