DDrescue data recovery

Powerlines2000

Hmm so it may be worth checking it out with R-Studio and then if it appears that the missing bit may be important, re-clone with the -s setting.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Powerlines2000":22hxdep9 said:
Cool, so just run as before but with that syntax?

Pretty much. Just count off that it's 12 zeros after the 1 to make it 1TB. I can see from the hex values in that screenshot that it's already read nominally more than 1Tb, so limiting it like that should resolve the destination size issue.

Powerlines2000

Hi

I ran r-studio last night and it seems to have found all my data (now trying to reallocate drive space to save it too ;) however there is a whole collection of stuff in an "other files" section with red crosses through the folder.

I understand from the manual that this means deleted files but are these files generaly ones that have been deleted before my issue (I.e. stuff I have done in the day to day use) or because of the issue.

I know there is probably no solid answer but....

Powerlines2000":26kmh0jz said:
Hi

I ran r-studio last night and it seems to have found all my data (now trying to reallocate drive space to save it too ;) however there is a whole collection of stuff in an "other files" section with red crosses through the folder.

I understand from the manual that this means deleted files but are these files generaly ones that have been deleted before my issue (I.e. stuff I have done in the day to day use) or because of the issue.

I know there is probably no solid answer but....

Hi,
Another Great Tool Like R-Studio Is Getdataback ,Please Try That Also Once On The Cloned Drive

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Powerlines2000":2lwzwcvg said:
[post]7880[/post] I understand from the manual that this means deleted files but are these files generaly ones that have been deleted before my issue (I.e. stuff I have done in the day to day use) or because of the issue.

Given that your issue related to the partition being lost, I'd say it's safe to assume those files were all deleted prior to the issue. Some may just be junk, others even files found in RAW within other files, etc. If it looks like your data is all there in the non-deleted files you're probably all set.

Powerlines2000

Hi

All my data is indeed found ;)

I now have to find space to move it around and get it back to the laptop.

Many thanks for all your help, it has been a god send.