Data recovey for WD10JMVW Fblite USB using MRT

Hi
I have this and replace board to sata
so i cant access to user data and module and ...
so after disable module 411 i can access to module and ...
I try to write loader with modules , module 411 and 1B successfully write but 11 with error, and not helping at all.
so whats other option I have to data recovery?
this is the pic after disable 411
Annotation.png

So as I mention before I dont have access to data, module and etc, after disable module 411 , i can read and write module but not access to Data, I already contact with MRT support but he neither to solve problem and say its error on module 411. I dont know what to do more and cantacting this forum maybe data experts can help me,
anything you need about drive, just ask me.

PS: I have 2 drive from this model and family have this problem, but on them I dont need data. I think its common problem on WD My Pass Ultra

lcoughey

Perhaps you should consider buying PC3000 or outsourcing to someone who has it. I'd be happy to help, if you'd like to send such cases my way.

lcoughey":2xh6f8vl said:
Perhaps you should consider buying PC3000 or outsourcing to someone who has it. I'd be happy to help, if you'd like to send such cases my way.

What is PC3000 can do that MRT cant ? can you tell me? what you want to do to this drive with pc3000? MRT is a powerfull tool.

lcoughey

With PC3000, we are usually able to get FBLite drives imaging within 5 minutes of receiving them. MRT makes things 10 times more complicated and struggles to support even the most basic of tasks.

lcoughey":34qmm3rx said:
With PC3000, we are usually able to get FBLite drives imaging within 5 minutes of receiving them. MRT makes things 10 times more complicated and struggles to support even the most basic of tasks.

I don't believe in that but okay, so tell me, in this case with pc3000 what you do? maybe i can do it with MRT

lcoughey

This is assuming that the heads are good and there isn't severe media damage in the SA

1. Read ROM from USB board via boot rom mode
2. Program donor SATA board via boot rom mode, blocking SA access
3. Power drive and go to WD utility in kernel mode
4. Load DIR and LDR from the drive
5. Close and reopen WD utility in normal mode
6. Save module 01
7. Close and reopen WD utility in normal mode, loading from saved module 01
8. Verify that SED is disabled, if not, disable it
9. Run slow responding fix
10. Unblock SA and redetect the drive
11. Reload WD utility with full drive ID
12. Save full resources
13. Edit sector in read-only mode to determine if encrypted. If so, search for decryption method
14. Create task in DE
15. Set task to decrypt on the fly
16. Calculate head map
17. Run head/media test
18. Load file structure
19. Make a map of the MFT or Catalog and image it
20. Make a map of the bitmap and image it
21. Make a map of used sectors by bitmap or make a map of targeted files and folders (if a considerably smaller subset of the drive's contents) and image from low LBA to high, tweaking settings as needed
22. and so on

Please document and post the MRT equivalent here when you figure it out. It shouldn't take much more than 5 minutes to get to step 14.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
siamak5561":s11ra4om said:
[post]12373[/post] I don't believe in that but okay

You should believe in it. I can't believe how insufferable it is trying to do the simplest things in MRT that are a snap in PC-3000.

lcoughey":1bz4r8tv said:
This is assuming that the heads are good and there isn't severe media damage in the SA

1. Read ROM from USB board via boot rom mode
2. Program donor SATA board via boot rom mode, blocking SA access
3. Power drive and go to WD utility in kernel mode
4. Load DIR and LDR from the drive
5. Close and reopen WD utility in normal mode
6. Save module 01
7. Close and reopen WD utility in normal mode, loading from saved module 01
8. Verify that SED is disabled, if not, disable it
9. Run slow responding fix
10. Unblock SA and redetect the drive
11. Reload WD utility with full drive ID
12. Save full resources
13. Edit sector in read-only mode to determine if encrypted. If so, search for decryption method
14. Create task in DE
15. Set task to decrypt on the fly
16. Calculate head map
17. Run head/media test
18. Load file structure
19. Make a map of the MFT or Catalog and image it
20. Make a map of the bitmap and image it
21. Make a map of used sectors by bitmap or make a map of targeted files and folders (if a considerably smaller subset of the drive's contents) and image from low LBA to high, tweaking settings as needed
22. and so on

Please document and post the MRT equivalent here when you figure it out. It shouldn't take much more than 5 minutes to get to step 14.

Hi
in step 4 I get error on load module 11 , any way to solve that?