Data recovey for WD10JMVW Fblite USB using MRT

pclab

What he means is that MRT sometimes can't do the decrypt directly, even if you have access to 25.

lcoughey

If you have access to module 25, it should work. But, the problem is that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work with MRT. That is the nature of a bug...not working when it should. I believe there are a few threads about it on their lackluster forums over the past couple years about it.

lcoughey

You could clone the drive in its encrypted state and then connect it to a western digital USB to sata bridge with the same USB Controller as the original PCB..or, now that you have it working, put the original PCB back and clone it that way.

lcoughey":2qsqe7rw said:
You could clone the drive in its encrypted state and then connect it to a western digital USB to sata bridge with the same USB Controller as the original PCB..or, now that you have it working, put the original PCB back and clone it that way.

I already put back original USB board but data still encrypted, so what is the Use of clone in another drive with same USB controler ? you think maybe usb board has issue ?

lcoughey":2qsqe7rw said:
...or you could contact the MRT support that they boast about and let us know how you make out.

I already do that and they said at the moment board 1961 not supported to decryption and they going to add in next update

BTW i dont access to HDD ID on sata board and USB board , maybe its related with this issue ?
Annotation 2018-11-22 195122.jpg

and i check for damaged modules only this modules has error
2D 2E 6F 12D

lcoughey

Weird...it should read normally via original USB board, unless you disabled SED. If you did, re-enable SED, then connect the USB board.