Data Recovery Software

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Charlesowemi":2xs37x3i said:
--Hi.

My Hard disk got corrupted and it had very imoprtant data in it. So i just is there any software to recover my data from my corrupted HDD?

Please reply as soon as possible.

If you want a meaningful answer, you are going to need to provide one hundred times more information. Just saying "corrupted" could mean any one of ten thousand different things.

I suspect this might be a thread started with the intention to spam later, but what the heck...I'll bite

Here's some programs I'd recommend:

R-Studio (best for NTFS and great for many different file systems, RAID, etc.)
R-Explorer (supports even more file systems like XFS and APFS, but not quite as good as R-Studio for NTFS or RAID)
GetDataBack (excellent for FAT and FAT32)
Data Rescue 4 / 5 (good for HFS+)
ReclaimePro (good overall and supports some odd things like Drobo, but is a bit costly)

Hi Jared,
I was wondering why UFS Explorer ist missing in your List. Are you just not familiar with the Software or is it not good?

I'm just getting into Data Recovery and I'm looking for a tool that will cover as many cases as possible. Reading your post, I think this could be Reclaime Pro or maybe UFS Explorer?!

Is there some where in your forum a more detailed comparison of the different programs which I just didn't found yet?

Thanks for running this forum, it's a great help in getting into the world of data recovery!

LarrySabo

I would definitely add UFS Explorer Pro and ReclaiMe File Recovery to the list. ReclaiMe File Recovery does an excellent job of reassembling FS fragments into an NTFS directory and putting the rest into RAW recovery results. If UFS Explorer Pro is too expensive, you can go with just the regular (commercial) version and upgrade at the incremental cost when needed later. SYSDEV are a treat to work with.

lcoughey

Theoretically, UFS Eplorer is represented by R-Explorer, another similar product made by the same developers. Personally, I'd put UFS Explorer at the top of the list.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering why UFS Explorer ist missing in your List
At the time I had posted this, UFS hadn't been updated in some time and it seemed like R-Explorer was the product he was actively developing and updating. It seemed for a time like UFS was being abandoned. Now, he's keeping both products updated and has branched them out to a pro line (UFS) and consumer line (R-Explorer).

I absolutely would recommend UFS, it was just the time period when this was posted.

kalilinux25

Please give a recommendation to how and what softwawre should I use If I fullwiped the drive and re installed new windows , ?