Data Recovery From Galaxy Note III

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know good software to recover data from a Verizon Galaxy Note III that is running Android 4.4.4? I normally use Wondershare Dr. Fone but it just isn't working for this model. You guys know any other good options?

ScotchBroth

I know that this is super late, but for future reference here we go!

Phones are tricky due to the inability to writeblock, the need for exploits to get as pristine a dataset as possible, and the added need sometimes of rooting and the Android 4.4.4 update made them even trickier. You are unable to exploit the android 4.4.4 update even with a Cellebrite UFED to get a physical DD of the phone and because of that you need to do some legwork that could potentially overwrite deleted data but if you gotta you gotta with a smartphone.

Step 1: root the phone
Step 2: Get DD image of internal memory of said phone
Step 3: Run recovery software on said DD image

When I did several phones a week I hung out on XDA forums for hours at a time and this is probably the best way to find out how to root your phone
Here is a guide that I frequently recommend, though the netcat and the VHD portions get a bit convoluted and I could never get it to work well. My preference is to image it to a microSD card and then transfer that to the system with my DR stuff on it. I've started rambling, anyways, here is the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy- ... s-t1994705

HaQue

I wonder how many divorces have been because someone found XDA Forums? "You never come to bed with me anymore!?! what are you doing on the computer??"

Tlcchinps

Here is a guide that I frequently recommend, though the netcat and the VHD portions get a bit convoluted and I could never get it to work well. My preference is to image it to a microSD card and then transfer that to the system with my DR stuff on it. I've started rambling, anyways, here is the post: [glow=red]SPAM FOR GARBAGE SOFTWARE REMOVED[/glow]

From the specification of Blundershare website, Galaxy Note 3 is supported. However, it should be rooted first.

[glow=red]Moderator note:[/glow]Wondershare is a crappy company who makes garbage software. Because their software is so terribly bad, they must resort to relentlessly spamming forums like this in an attempt to fool unsuspecting readers into investing hard earned money to buy their swill. Don't support these idiots.

[glow=green]Thanks for Spamming![/glow]

Iris Cheng

Gihosoft Free Android Data Recovery is a [glow=red]Useless[/glow] Android file recovery software that won't enable you to recover deleted photos, music, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp messages, Viber chat history or anything else from Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, Google, Oneplus, Sony, Lenovo, ZTE and other Android devices directly.

[glow=red]Moderator Edit:[/glow] Thanks for trying to SPAM your garbage product here. Because of you relentless spamming and lying to people I've modified your post to something more appropriate.