Cross Compatible WD Families

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Blizzard":3cm89b6o said:
Yes, I have listed a few Western Digital head swap cases here including a Hubble LT < Hubble. My favorite is the 160GB Tornado heads used in the 320GB Pinclite :)

Thanks! I added those pairings to the list of cross-compatible families. Plese, let me know if you know of others that aren't listed so I can add them as well. I may not have time to read through all your case studies to figure them out.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone tested if Sabre 53 and Sabre 58 are cross-compatible for heads?

I've got one here for recovery and I've got available donors from both families. But, the one that's the closest DCM and date match is actually from the opposite family.

Jared":1pjw3cmv said:
Has anyone tested if Sabre 53 and Sabre 58 are cross-compatible for heads?

I've got one here for recovery and I've got available donors from both families. But, the one that's the closest DCM and date match is actually from the opposite family.

well,
Try i am sure they work

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone tried crossing heads between Bobcat and Lynx families? Ariel densities are 690 and 693, so very close indeed. Manufacture dates seem to overlap quite a bit and the family names are both wild cats (if that means anything).

I may need heads for a Lynx case and the Bobcat ones seem to be much more readily available.

Does anyone know sure compatibility between Tahoe LT and Tahoe PL?

PATIENT = Tahoe LT - WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0 DCM:DGNCHTJMHN 29OCT2010
DONOR = Tahoe PL - WD5000AAKS-22V1A0 DCM:HHRNNTJCAN 26MAY2010

Freekingeeks":1scml0il said:
Does anyone know sure compatibility between Tahoe LT and Tahoe PL?

PATIENT = Tahoe LT - WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0 DCM:DGNCHTJMHN 29OCT2010
DONOR = Tahoe PL - WD5000AAKS-22V1A0 DCM:HHRNNTJCAN 26MAY2010

Works perfectly fine!!