Cross Compatible WD Families

lcoughey

I can confirm that Shrek LT heads are compatible with Shrek drives. However, the reverse is probably not true.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
lcoughey":qvxwagie said:
[post]7354[/post] However, the reverse is probably not true.

What makes you say that? In my experience if the part is the same it's the same. So which direction you're swapping shouldn't matter. Unless it has to do with the number of platters or something like that.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe...I don't know. I was thinking that it could have been just a tweak related to the firmware or controller that allowed the extra bit of density rather than actually changing the physical part. But, I suppose it could also relate to the preamp chip used which might work as you say.

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3tcmck84][post]8113[/post] Jared ,
Confirmed Firebird And FBlite
Apart from DCM, Country and Date, what other criteria do you match... ? I have tried two different FBlite on FireBird don't seems to be getting result.. Please can you shed some light ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried that with two working drives? Or on a case that may have media damage anyway?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Bankole Oladoja":gnc9defq said:
The Heads are reading fine on returning to the Patient.. Am sure the drive isn't having a media damage.

Which way were you swapping? Fblite heads into Firebird or Firebird heads into FBlite?