SN: WKX1E72xxxxx
USB drive

Donor drive is

WD20NPVT-00Z2TT0
DCM: EHCVJHBB
Date: 25 OCt 2012
SN: WXK1E72xxxxx
WD green

Are these drive head compatible or not? I have check Microjogs also and except second head all other heads microjogs are under 300!
Drives belong same family!
I have transfered ROM file (not rom chip) from USB patient to SATA donor drive and used SATA PCB from donor drive!
After head swap drive doesnt knock but only goes to kernel with drd dsc and error flags!

If they are not compatible please which drive i can use as donor?
Thank you

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
They should be compatible, but nothing is ever a sure thing. You will have reading issues with head 2 if the microjogs are more than 300 off, so I personally wouldn't have used that as a donor.

Are you able to do ldr upload and read/write SA modules? Maybe you've got some firmware corruption.

emir_has

HI

I have finally found new donor which match. Now I have some other problem!
I have made ROM and module backup, I have decrypted the disk and see files. But when I start to copy/image the disk it is too slow, some few KB/s.
Slow responding has been applied but no help. Also I have tried to disable head look ahead, disable relocation and smart option but no luck in achieving the speed.
What am I missing here, how to solve this slow reading on this drive? Is there some solution?
Thanks

Jirbun

I had the same problem in the same model and nothing helped.
Turns out there was a problem on platter 0 and when load firmeware from sa 0 it caused slowness in all platters.
Luckily in my case platter 1 was ok so I booted from head 1 suddenly the reading speed was normal on all platters except for head 0 which were a lot of bad sectors.