Company in TX claims to have beat Sandforce Encryption

samick":1gqj5zt6 said:
True. Come to think of it, I never did get a technical explanation of what was wrong from ACE. From the symptoms I described to Serge at Deepspar, he is the one who suggested that the controller may be bad.
I only sent my customer ACE's contact info and then received the referral check a few weeks later.
I suspect they wouldn't have given me an explanation (or an accurate one) if I had asked. Sadly, I find this is pretty standard for many data recovery companies.
I've owned a computer repair business for 10 years and remember a few DR cases I outsourced before I acquired the skill and equipment to do physical and firmware recoveries. I would typically handle the interaction with the DR company for my customer. Out of curiosity I would ask for a technical description of what ultimately was wrong with the drive and I got answers from "we can't share any of those details" to "we can't discuss any of our methods" and so on. This seemed strange to me at the time but now I realize I was just dealing with the "shadier" companies.
I probably spend too much time on the phone with my DR customers explaining exactly what is wrong with their drive and probably sharing too many technical details about equipment and repair methodologies than they want to know. I definitely don't see a downside to it. In fact, I think it only adds to the customer's understanding of what they're paying for (or why they're paying so much!).

Hi,
They send you a referral check ? is that so samick

Sam

Sorry for the late reply Amarbir. Yes, ACE sent a referral check to us for 10% of what they charged the customer.

jol

Sam":3a0o988k said:
[post]6819[/post] Sorry for the late reply Amarbir. Yes, ACE sent a referral check to us for 10% of what they charged the customer.
Sam":3a0o988k said:
Got the suggestion to contact ACE from Serge at Deepspar.
Reading this thread I'm getting the feeling that there is some kind of confusion,
Ace is not deepspar, and deep spar is not ace !
Deepspar is the manufacture/producer of DDI AND ALSO selling ACE laboratory's stuff (PC3K) in the Canada (and maybe USA too, (I'm not sure))
Ace = Ace laboratory is the manufacture/producer of PC3K.
Deepspar is located in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
Ace = ace lab = ace laboratory is located in Rostov-on-Don, Russia and have a branch in prague, czech republic.

Blizzard

jol":1c5wve2e said:
Reading this thread I'm getting the feeling that there is some kind of confusion,
Ace is not deepspar, and deep spar is not ace !
Deepspar is the manufacture/producer of DDI AND ALSO selling ACE laboratory's stuff (PC3K) in the Canada (and maybe USA too, (I'm not sure))
Ace = Ace laboratory is the manufacture/producer of PC3K.
Deepspar is located in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
Ace = ace lab = ace laboratory is located in Rostov-on-Don, Russia and have a branch in prague, czech republic.

In this thread references to "Ace" mean ACE Data Group, LLC which has claimed to have proprietary recovery methods for encrypted Sandisk SSD. You can find them at Data Recovery Dot Net

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, this thread is about a company in Texas who is not at all connected with Ace Laboratory.

LarrySabo

The thread is indeed about Ace Data Group in Texas but confusion was introduced when @Sam said ...
Got the suggestion to contact ACE from Serge at Deepspar. Our client ended up sending it to them and after the recovery ACE sent us a check for $360 which was 10% of the recovery fee.
There was no doubt in my mind that "ACE" in Sam's comment referred to Ace Laboratory, not Ace Data Group.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Ace laboratory would be charging someone $3600 for a recovery and then sending a 10% commission check out. Usually, if it's a case they want to research they'll just do it for free so they can add the feature into upcoming updates/support.