Common Terminal Response - Seagate F3 Arch

hddguy

Below are some common terminal outputs with the faults that are (generally) responsible for it:

TCC-001A[0x000042F9][0x000042F9]ZZZZMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMMMM.... = This error relates to an inability to read Servo or Overlays. This message is also displayed at some Grenada models when PCB/ROM is not native.

Failed to load overlay 00000004 - this is usually associated with some hardware error and can be caused by non-native adaptives (i.e non-original ROM)

SIM error 1002 = this message alerts us to some error with one or more defect list. Potentially P-list or NRG list can be bad.

SIM error 2044 - Translator tables cannot be read or are damaged.
SIM error 1009 - Module 17A is damaged
SIM Error 203F / SIM Error 2040 / SIM Error 2044 / SIM Error 3005 - Also seem to be damaged or unreadable translator related errors

LED:00000047 FAddr:FFFFFFFE - Usually this relates to Media Cache

LED:000000BC FAddr:00006220 - Usually this also relates to Media Cache or some relocation parameters.

Much of this is from the top of my head, I will add more when I get to my notes I have saved :D

LarrySabo

Wow, terrific stuff, HDDGuy! Thanks!

One challenge I find with learning data recovery, is trying to organize the staggering amount of information, let alone absourb or relate to it all. I keep plugging away hoping it will all become intuitive or obvious one day. :)

lcoughey

LarrySabo":j82t3c5m said:
Wow, terrific stuff, HDDGuy! Thanks!

One challenge I find with learning data recovery, is trying to organize the staggering amount of information, let alone absourb or relate to it all. I keep plugging away hoping it will all become intuitive or obvious one day. :)
I find it easier to just deal with things as they come. But, when I discover something new, I add it to my internal FAQ for me and my staff to reference in the future.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
True, nothing like a good Google search through the forums. Though I have to say, this information was already very helpful to me today. :D

LarrySabo

Thanks, guys. At the moment, I file DR-related files and URLs into a number of major categories and sub-categories, and use a continuously updated file indexer to find what I'm after. It's a dog's breakfast and the problem is knowing what to search for. I'd feel better if things were better organized and would be grateful for suggestions, e.g., table of contents or taxonomy people use.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I've been thinking about starting a sticky where we can organize and sort useful information like that, but its hard to organize in any kind of way that makes sense.

It's actually why I started this forum largely. Hoping to organize parts of it to sort useful notes of my own in stickies.