Common Terminal Response - Seagate F3 Arch

LarrySabo

nissimezra":o71xzop6 said:
[post]12840[/post]
OMG 78? Man I thought you are around 60, 65 max.
You are in ottawa not far from me, You can call me if you want, looking for a pal in my field. Here in Montreal it's like grave no one talk, everyone closed in doors. wired place. Boring.

Nissim, thanks for the invitation. I'll PM my Skype ID so we can chat when you are bored. Nice website, BTW, but one of your images got blocked by Emsisoft as being suspicious. My site was hacked recently and it was an alarming wake-up call. I had it cleaned up by WordFence and now use their premium plugin to minimize the risk of it happening again. If you don't have a security plugin, I'd highly recommend one.

Best wishes for a busy new year! :)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":203kwiqn said:
[post]12841[/post] Life is going to be harder if you don't have electronic background. In SSD you cannot replace the PCB board you'll need to fix it, it's not easy even for people with good electronic knowledge. I guess in few you years I'll have some kind of advantage over the data recovery doctors that using PC3000 . Not meant for you, you are a nice guy.

I plan to get out of this business before SSD recovery becomes the primary focus of data recovery. Lower rates of failure, lower rates of good recovery, it all spells a market that'll be over saturated with companies climbing over each other to make little money on clients. No thanks! I'm going to ride the HDD recovery train as long as it lasts and transition into something else before all the data recovery companies start eating each other to survive. I'm hoping by then to have built up a strong enough web presence that one of the big players wants to buy me out for the leads when it starts getting very cut-throat competitve.

nissimezra

Jared":3kqx0d6p said:
nissimezra":3kqx0d6p said:
[post]12841[/post] Life is going to be harder if you don't have electronic background. In SSD you cannot replace the PCB board you'll need to fix it, it's not easy even for people with good electronic knowledge. I guess in few you years I'll have some kind of advantage over the data recovery doctors that using PC3000 . Not meant for you, you are a nice guy.

I plan to get out of this business before SSD recovery becomes the primary focus of data recovery. Lower rates of failure, lower rates of good recovery, it all spells a market that'll be over saturated with companies climbing over
each other to make little money on clients. No thanks! I'm going to ride the HDD recovery train as long as it lasts and transition into something else before all the data recovery companies start eating each other to survive. I'm hoping by then to have built up a strong enough web presence that one of the big players wants to buy me out for the leads when it starts getting very cut-throat competitve.
Jared happy new year
Well I said that when I was your age but I found my self back in electronic it’s some how addicted
If you have some knowledge in electronic I think you’ll be doing well even with SSD
When I say good knowledge I mean at least 1 year school which is low level like mine. It’s really basic but it’ll help you a lot
If you don’t have it might be a problem but pc3000 might find a way around it
The problem starts with replacing parts it’s getting smaller and smaller and much harder to replace I’m always having problem with replacing tiny parts that’s why I’m not trying phones I tried but messed up the boards

As for the hard drive dr I do believe that at least for the next five years you’ll all have work with expected reduction of 5% for a year that will go to the ssd side
5 years from now the ssd is going to have a significant part in the data recovery industry

I don’t think that it’ll be easy job even for high level electronic technicians duo to the size of the parts

For sure things will change

What you’ll do in life wish you good luck

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":1mradky7 said:
[post]12864[/post] If you have some knowledge in electronic I think you’ll be doing well even with SSD
When I say good knowledge I mean at least 1 year school which is low level like mine. It’s really basic but it’ll help you a lot

I've got basic soldering skills and whatnot. I was even an electrician for 10 years before I got into this. So I'm not too bad at tracing circuitry and whatnot. My plan to get out of this business is more based on what I expect market conditions to be like when that shift finally comes.

Besides, don't be surprised if 5-10 years from now SSDs are all monolithic and soldered directly to computer main boards anyway. Apple is already doing that with their MacBooks. It won't be long before other vendors follow suit. Pretty soon it'll basically be just phone boards inside of laptops and desktops will nearly be a thing of the past in peoples private lives.

nissimezra

Jared":17aks8dz said:
nissimezra":17aks8dz said:
[post]12864[/post] If you have some knowledge in electronic I think you’ll be doing well even with SSD

I've got basic soldering skills and whatnot. I was even an electrician for 10 years before I got into this. So I'm not too bad at tracing circuitry and whatnot. My plan to get out of this business is more based on what I expect market conditions to be like when that shift finally comes.

Besides, don't be surprised if 5-10 years from now SSDs are all monolithic and soldered directly to computer main boards anyway. Apple is already doing that with their MacBooks. It won't be long before other vendors follow suit. Pretty soon it'll basically be just phone boards inside of laptops and desktops will nearly be a thing of the past in peoples private lives.
That's not new. 2 years ago I received one with integrated drive on the board
For sure in 10 years we will not be able to much :(
Electronic repair died long time ago its only the leftover.

Well we must keep swimming in the pool, I'm to old to make changes.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Right now, they're still shipping new laptops with good old spinning disk HDDs in them. So we've got at least another 7-8 good years in data recovery since those drives will continue to fail.

After they stop shipping laptops with HDDs completely, because SSDs are cheaper, it'll be a countdown until the well starts running dry.