Chrome Push Notifications Idea

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm considering setting up Google Chrome push notifications on this forum. That way if you're following a topic you'll get that little pop-up box in the corner of your desktop when a reply is posted. Anyone think this is a good idea? Anyone who would actually use it? Does anyone hate the idea?

pclab

I don't usually use site notifications....
I don't hate it, but also don't need it eheheh

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I suppose the only advantage of it would be if you're desperately waiting for a response to something. For example if you post a request for a LDR you could follow the thread and get a notification the second someone responds.

That's what I was thinking.

Anyway, it looks like the extension to do this in phpBB isn't fully developed yet anyway so it'll probably have to get filed away in the "someday" bin.

michael32

Have you tried web application ZetPush.com ? I suggest using this tool to help you reach your customers even when they aren’t on your website. :)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
michael32":3ac72unr said:
Have you tried web application ZetPush.com ? I suggest using this tool to help you reach your customers even when they aren’t on your website. :)

I'm allowing this post (although I know it's SPAM) because it is at least semi-relevant to the discussion. However, that program has nothing to do with phpBB and push notifications for new forum posts.