Canon EOS 80D Camera [ Recovery Problems ]

Hello Everyone ,
These days i am seeing a flood of Canon EOS 80D Camera Video Files Recovery @ My Office .None of the Tools I know can recover These .Can You Help Me With This .I do Have Most of The Logical Recovery Gear Used For Video But None Works So Far

lcoughey":1chpu3km said:
What is the root cause for needing the recovery?

Well,
1st Card is used formatted and some footage is overwritten ,2nd Card was inserted in card reader in a pc something happened and customer cannot see his videos .

lcoughey

Formatted and overwritten is lower odds. The second card, are you able to read it at all, or do you need chip off recovery?

lcoughey":2nwvxwif said:
Formatted and overwritten is lower odds. The second card, are you able to read it at all, or do you need chip off recovery?

Well,
Might be i am unable to express my opinion properly .As you know working with Camera videos is little different due to fragmentation .So the method and technique for the same would be different for different camera by the software developer in my case lets assume CnW Recovery .I have been doing logical recovery from formatted and corrupted card of many camera models but the issue is that This Tool and Many others i have tried are failing miserable in canon 80D .Canon 80D has quite good video also and many people use this now in india and hence i am looking out for a solution .Secondly you might have seen a lot of my posts in many forums and groups i do have PC 3000 Flash and none of the cards i am talking about need chipoff recovery .So please help me in this and do try out Canon 80D shot cards and see for yourself .

300ddr":r07zfuji said:

Brian Sir ,
Yes i have tried .BTW i called a guy who had the same camera to my office .I took a 8GB SD card and zero filled it ,Then we inserted it in his camera and formatted it .Clicked a few shots and also some videos ,Then i made a image of it to a file sector by sector .Once this procedure was done we inserted the same card into his camera and formatted it ,Then i imaged the card again to a different file sector by sector ,Now i have a images of the same very card before and after formatting .Now if i try and recover Video files from the formatted card image with any tool i have zero success .But some people are still claiming they can recover this ,If this due to the fact that

1 : They understand FAT File system so well and they can navigate it so well manually and try work out a solution .
2 : Or they understand the way Canon 80D stores files and they are using this knowledge along with their FAT navigation skills to solve such cases .

PS : Do you folks have any such knowledge were i can learn inside/out of fat file systems properly and some detail of how these Canon 80D files are stored

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty certain the issue is that there's metadata fragmenting the files. Michael Cotgrove is the guy you want to talk to, he's the master of removing foreign metadata. It's the same issue that goPro cameras have.