Broken Gimbles [ How To Remove From Platter ]

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard about the fishing line trick a few different places, including Facebook, Google groups, etc. I think it's a pretty well-known trick nowadays.

LarrySabo":10hc7i98 said:
Amarbir, did you learn that from Andy's blog? http://www.datarecovery.co.uk/latest-da ... shing-line

I like to credit my sources.

Larry Sir ,
I do not see you much on Facebook data recovery groups i do quite a lot of work there ,Me and Andy are very good friends i have publicly made a video appreciating Andy ,I did not know i had to do it here assuming you all folks know that ,I am sure jared knows that if he has seen my video ,But i did it in a very different manner i just took a hard nylon thread costing less then 2 USD :mrgreen:

LarrySabo

@Amarbir, you're right -- I don't frequent Facebook DR groups, so didn't see your video thanking Andy. Perhaps I should start. I had also never heard of the technique until I saw Andy's video of it, and your description was an exact match, which is why I asked if that's where you got it. And, I am always hounding you and others to cite your sources. :)

I only use Facebook to play Scrabble games with my sister and nephew located in different cities. Which ones do you follow/recommend for DR?

LarrySabo":14jn7uci said:
Jared":14jn7uci said:
[post]8056[/post] I see him on this group quite a bit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/246054249087366/
Thanks, Jared. I get the following error when I try to access that link, possible because I'm not a current member of that group. I'll do some searching to see what groups are available, and sign up.

Mr Larry ,
Yes You Have To Apply To Many Groups ,Once The Admin Approves You Are In .How Many Data Recovery Forums You Are Currently Using everyday Can i Have a List Might Be If i Do Not Go To a Particular One i Can Start Going There :D

LarrySabo

Hi Amarbir, here are the forums I check as a matter of routine every day:

DFL Users Forum
HDDGuru Forum
Data Medics Forum
Recovery Force forum
Data Recovery Certification Forum
HDD Oracle Forum
Ace Labs forum

There are a few others I may go to on a less regular basis. I also go to Technibble forum daily but that's for computer repairs, not data recovery (even though they often discuss data recovery from a computer repair tech point of view.

LarrySabo":2bb6lsjm said:
Hi Amarbir, here are the forums I check as a matter of routine every day:

DFL Users Forum
HDDGuru Forum
Data Medics Forum
Recovery Force forum
Data Recovery Certification Forum
HDD Oracle Forum
Ace Labs forum

There are a few others I may go to on a less regular basis. I also go to Technibble forum daily but that's for computer repairs, not data recovery (even though they often discuss data recovery from a computer repair tech point of view.

Sir ,
Can You Share Link For "Data Recovery Certification Forum "