Blog Reel Added to The Bottom Of Forum

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a reel where my recent blog posts get posted automatically in a feed at the bottom of each of the forum pages. It's really just there for the sake of SEO and channeling my internal link structure to keep the blog relevant in the eyes of Google. The forum is growing so fast it's starting to overshadow the rest of my site :lol: . Need to channel some of that back to my main site.

Any thoughts on how I've integrated it? Originally I was going to add a sidebar, but I decided that the bottom would be less obtrusive to the average reader. If you use a theme other than the default (as I know some of you do), you won't even see it.

LarrySabo

I don't see it. I think my theme is Prosilver but am not sure. The only other option was Hawiki--don't know if that's the default or not. I wonder if Google sees it?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Hawiki is the default theme. I tend to doubt that a crawler would bother to change its theme from the default one. So I'm pretty sure it'll see the reel and its links.

LarrySabo

I switched to Hawiki to see if it displayed: didn't display. Disabled uBlock Origin: didn't display. Tried IE and Chrome: displayed in each, as well as the Hawiki theme, even though I reset it and Prosilver stil displays in Firefox???

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":f3hk1nt8 said:
I switched to Hawiki to see if it displayed: didn't display. Disabled uBlock Origin: didn't display. Tried IE and Chrome: displayed in each, as well as the Hawiki theme, even though I reset it and Prosilver stil displays in Firefox???

It displays just fine for me in Firefox, but I don't regularly use it. It's probably just an old cookie in your browser preventing it from displaying. No worries though, it's mostly just there to be web spider food.