Best way to export to single file image in data extractor?

datahaze

It seems data extractor has a number of ways to export an image to a single-file raw image like ones created by dd, but I don't find any of them particularly reliable. Sometimes this is needed when another data recovery tool is needed for the logical portion of the recovery. Whenever the system is under a decent load, data extractor always gives me a "error write to file!" and I have to start the whole export process over again. No other tools I am using seem to have this problem, so I'm guessing it's data extractor being really choosy about timeouts. So now when doing exports I basically have to leave data extractor and ONLY data extractor running.

Anybody else encounter this? Any fix or workaround you've been using? I found mounting the image as a drive in Windows (after applying MBR fix) and imaging it with another tool was more reliable but is obviously slow and painfully indirect.

lcoughey

Why not just scan the mounted image? I always do drive-to-drive clones, so portability isn't an issue for me.

pc3000

I use the image all the time
(It is known that there is a disagreement between the professional data recovery what is better)
I had no such problem