Best Software for Damaged Ext4 Filesystem

IsoBuster

Ok, will delete it again. It's going to be available in 7 days anyways ( http://www.isobuster.com/beta/ ) with not too many changes anymore.

Only two things that I'm still chasing.

- I didn't find one (or more) ZFS image files, so I'm not sure the recognition is working well.
- I didn't find any example image file with the EXT meta group feature, so I'm fairly sure that is not supported right, but I wonder if it is used a lot. In any case I haven't found examples yet.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, plenty of those. Sometimes I just wish they'd explode and destroy the platters so I wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt it. These ones that will start up and work for five minutes after each head swap kills me. At what point do you decide that you're never gonna get more than 5 minutes of time out of it and give up. GRRRRRR!!!!!

LarrySabo

I had a need for your software a couple of days ago to pull pictures from a corrupted CD-RW disc. Works great! Thanks for a terrific product, and very fairly priced, too.

pclab

Hey

Got a case here of a DVD-RW that was formatted on the VideoCamera by mistake. Now the client wants to recover one piece of film.
How does Isobuster works in this type of problem?
Or any other software is recommended?
Thanks

pclab

I think that Photorec did the job.
I got many clips of video. Now I have to check with my client if that's the data he wants.