Best data recovery software

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sad, I essentially gave you permission to spam on this forum if done in a appropriate way. But now you are getting banned and all links to Wondershare will be removed. Nice going.

what happened to this guy? I don't like his Icon by the way...
Can I answer the stupid question ? I have used Jihosoft...can help to say...most of the files are back, Is it the best ?

jasonlau61

My favorite is the "Recuva". It already helped me retrieve my accidently-deleted files from my windows computer several times, and the most important is that it is totally FREE. BTW, the Recuva seems not to recover the deleted or lost partitions, however i am not sure ...

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think most data recovery pros use the following software each of which has it's specific strengths:

R-Studio (best all around, especially good for RAID)
GetDataBack (good for certain things, especially FAT filesystems)
Data Rescue 4 (best for Macs)
UFSExplorer (handles some odd file systems like XFS, decent for Macs, best for NAS recoveries)

along with some free software that has some powerful features:

ddrescue (cloning drives with a few bad sectors)
testdisk & photorec (surprisingly good at file carving / RAW recovery, good features for partition adjustment / search)

HaQue

I also like DMDE for almost instant info on the disk situation in windows, and Partition Find and mount.. Though DMDE has all the features of it, I like its simplicity and "does what it says on the box"-ness

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I should play around with DMDE more. I know I used it a couple time in the past, but generally these days I just use PC-3000 for that initial check.

pclab

DMDE had already solved me a case that some other software couldn't manage... Can't remember what, but it did. I need to buy the "pro" version to do it tough...