BAD CUSTOMER WARNING!!! Take this seriously!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've never done anything like this because I'm not a childish tit-for-tat type of person. However this idiot has pushed me to my limit. I've never even done any business with him, short of one phone call he made to us. Then he starts spewing nonsense about how data recovery guys are all scammers who are just keeping secrets about something simple that could be done using freeware tools in your parents basement, and we are all just keeping it secret so we can rip people off.

Anyway, a few of us tried to adjust his thinking and he just went off on us. You can read what hasn't been moderated out on this reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/datarecovery/c ... ike_heads/
Sadly this clown has approx 68 drives needing recovery (mix of RAID arrays, and single drives) which were all sabotaged by his former business partners. I'm honestly not surprised they hate him so badly.

Now, he's gone as far as to register the domain: data-medics.xyz which he's messaged me saying he's going to use to defame my company. I've never even done business with him for crying out loud!!!

Anyway, here's the whois info on him: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=data-medics.xyz (it's his real name I checked) so you know who it is I'm talking about. He was nice enough to provide it when he registered his future slander website.

I'm just warning you guys for your own sanity, [glow=red]DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!![/glow]

If you do decide to take on the case (it's a lot of work I realize), make sure to add on the usual "idiot surcharge" of at least three times the normal rate. Trust me, after my short dealing with him it'd take ten times my normal rate to even consider doing business with him. There's just no amount of money worth the stress of dealing with people like this.

pclab

Crap, what an IDIOT....
What does he want to achieve???
If he really does the website and defame you, you open an judicial action against him.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not too worried about this website. It'll never be found by anyone even if he does create it. There's two other companies out there name Data Medics and I've managed to push them out of all the top ten spots on Google for the term "Data Medics".

Besides, I've already slapped GoDaddy.com with a Trademark infringement notice. So I suspect it'll be taken down before it's even launched. I just want to be sure others know about the problems this guy will be. I don't even want to imagine being stuck in business with him for months doing a project like that.

Jared":2rw4dfac said:
I'm not too worried about this website. It'll never be found by anyone even if he does create it. There's two other companies out there name Data Medics and I've managed to push them out of all the top ten spots on Google for the term "Data Medics".

Besides, I've already slapped GoDaddy.com with a Trademark infringement notice. So I suspect it'll be taken down before it's even launched. I just want to be sure others know about the problems this guy will be. I don't even want to imagine being stuck in business with him for months doing a project like that.

Jared ,
did godaddy respond

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
No, no response from them. But, he also hasn't put anything there yet so they probably can't do anything yet. The second he uses the company name on the site, then it'll kick in.

Jared":2jtunpr5 said:
No, no response from them. But, he also hasn't put anything there yet so they probably can't do anything yet. The second he uses the company name on the site, then it'll kick in.

Nice ,
I Really Like You Take a Fight With Godaddy when situation arises