Autoreassign [ On/Off ] - While Cloning M8E Series HDD

Hello All ,
Today i got a Case Where The Drive Came With Heads Stuck On Platter Issue .The Same Was Rectified In My Clean Room .Now The Current Situation is That Heads 0,1,2 From The Four Present 0,1,2,3 Are Cloning Fine .The Top Head 3 Is Having Reading Issues .Why Does This Happen Is My First question " Is It due To The Fact That Dust Settles While We Do The Procedure In The Cleanroom ? . I Always Blow Away Dust With a Manual Blower While i Am In The Procedure or About To Close The Case Top Lid .Am i Overdoing The dust Blowing ? . My Second Problem is That i Would Like To Ask My Friends

Question : How To Disable Autoreassign While Cloning These Samsung Drives ? In PC3K ,If I am Cloning The Top Head Head No 3 I Get The Following In Terminal .

Attachments

• log.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 236

jol

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3tr0809b][post]4634[/post] Why Does This Happen Is My First question " Is It due To The Fact That Dust Settles While We Do The Procedure In The Cleanroom ?
maybe got damaged during unsticking
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3tr0809b][post]4634[/post] If I am Cloning The Top Head Head No 3...
disable head 3

jol":1jcvp3fr said:
[post]4642[/post]
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1jcvp3fr][post]4634[/post] Why Does This Happen Is My First question " Is It due To The Fact That Dust Settles While We Do The Procedure In The Cleanroom ?
maybe got damaged during unsticking
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1jcvp3fr][post]4634[/post] If I am Cloning The Top Head Head No 3...
disable head 3

Jol Sir ,
Regards I Wanted To Know The Name Of Your Company ,I Have a Wild Guess But Would Be Nice To Know .What You Said About Head Damage Is Possible But in My Case Head Is Still Reading Lots of Portions On the Top Platter Approx @ 7Mb/Sec . In This Drive Are The LBA's Higher In The Inner Tracks Or Lower .In My Case Lower LBA's Are Reading And Not The Higher Once "Talking About Head 3 Only " . Would Cleaning The Platter Top Surface Make Any Difference ? Or a Head Swap . I Did Fully Clone Head 0,1,2 Even Before Your Post And Now I Had Enabled Head 3 and Doing Selective File Cloning So That Missing Portions of Head 3 Could Be Read .

From what you have imaged so far, why not ask the client for the particular files needed. You never can tell. I know if head 2 is bad, you might not get file structures except raw files.

jol

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1683ce1q][post]4645[/post]But in My Case Head Is Still Reading Lots of Portions On the Top Platter Approx @ 7Mb/Sec .
Have you tried in reverse ?
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1683ce1q]Would Cleaning The Platter Top Surface Make Any Difference ? Or a Head Swap .
maybe cleaning the head (contaminated head) but if you are going to replace the HSA,
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1683ce1q]Or a Head Swap .
then of course you don't need to clean it.
BTW Auto reassign list is stored in ALIST (if you want to delete it).

jol

jol":3s767i6l said:
[post]4648[/post]
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3s767i6l][post]4645[/post]But in My Case Head Is Still Reading Lots of Portions On the Top Platter Approx @ 7Mb/Sec .
Have you tried in reverse ?
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3s767i6l]Would Cleaning The Platter Top Surface Make Any Difference ? Or a Head Swap .
maybe cleaning the head (contaminated head) but if you are going to replace the HSA,
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3s767i6l]Or a Head Swap .
then of course you don't need to clean it.
BTW autoreassign list is stored in ALIST (if you want to delete it).

Jol ,
I have not tried in reverse this time .When it reads it read And mostly it will show me 1 or 2 black spots " Unreadable sectors and then read a few and then same pattern in many section " . Currently its accessing using 4k sector scheme .I Purchased My Laminaar Flow And Started To Maintain Cleanliness Just Few Months Ago .I Am Good At Head Swaps / Head Unstucks " Even Hard Cases Like PClab Was Struggling In WDC ".I Have Not Started Platter Swaps And Also Cleaning Platters And Heads Yet .I Do Not Have Any Good Info On How To Do That .Specially in India Its So Hard To Find Proper Equiptment And Chemicals .Its Taken Me 3 Months To Arrange 99.9% Alchohol And OK Type Cotton Qtips .Might Be You Can Share With Us Some Tips .I Know About 3M Novac And Few More HDD Grade Liquids But Nothing More .A Tip Would Be Cool And Then I Will Practise .BTW My Main Question Still Remained Unanswered

jol

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1gwfq2ip][post]4660[/post]I have not tried in reverse this time .
Maybe its time to try ?!
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1gwfq2ip] When it reads it read And mostly it will show me 1 or 2 black spots " Unreadable sectors and then read a few and then same pattern in many section " .
Have you tried:
to increase the time out
to read smaller blocks
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1gwfq2ip] Its Taken Me 3 Months To Arrange 99.9% Alchohol And OK Type Cotton Qtips .
Wow 3 month
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1gwfq2ip] I Know About 3M Novac And Few More HDD Grade Liquids But Nothing More .A Tip Would Be Cool And Then I Will Practise .
Pure acetone

jol":uymku5jb said:
[post]4666[/post]
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":uymku5jb][post]4660[/post]I have not tried in reverse this time .
Maybe its time to try ?!
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":uymku5jb] When it reads it read And mostly it will show me 1 or 2 black spots " Unreadable sectors and then read a few and then same pattern in many section " .
Have you tried:
to increase the time out
to read smaller blocks
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":uymku5jb] Its Taken Me 3 Months To Arrange 99.9% Alchohol And OK Type Cotton Qtips .
Wow 3 month
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":uymku5jb] I Know About 3M Novac And Few More HDD Grade Liquids But Nothing More .A Tip Would Be Cool And Then I Will Practise .
Pure acetone

Jol ,
Pure Acetone is Very Corrosive IMHO .In My Experience It Just Eats Away Plastics And What Not ,Is There No Application of 99.9% Alcohol In Data Recovery Head/Platter Cleaning ? .So Many DR Guys Talk About It .Reverse Cloning i Will Try Later when i Focus on Reading Left Over Sectors From The 50000 File I Am Just Left With Under 600 Yes i Nailed It .Timeout Is Auto Increased By Shifting From UDMA To PIO Reads Which i What i am Using Currently Cloning Head 3 Via .

PS I Have Put a Lot sincere effort in DR this Year