Autoreassign [ On/Off ] - While Cloning M8E Series HDD

hdd00

jol":1wzkejr3 said:
[post]4648[/post] BTW Auto reassign list is stored in ALIST (if you want to delete it).
Jol, he is talking about how to disable pending in samsung firmware (like on WD for ex.)...I'm interested too if it is a way to disable this pending , because , when the hdd hits a bad sector, the firmware starts to do hundred of "things" in background and hdd stay BUSY and you cannot get it out from this state without a power reset.
AFAIK PC3000 can't do something like this( disable pending on samsung) but I may be wrong...
Rgds

hdd00":2xdyea8u said:
jol":2xdyea8u said:
[post]4648[/post] BTW Auto reassign list is stored in ALIST (if you want to delete it).
Jol, he is talking about how to disable pending in samsung firmware (like on WD for ex.)...I'm interested too if it is a way to disable this pending , because , when the hdd hits a bad sector, the firmware starts to do hundred of "things" in background and hdd stay BUSY and you cannot get it out from this state without a power reset.
AFAIK PC3000 can't do something like this( disable pending on samsung) but I may be wrong...
Rgds

No ,
The Procedure in PC3K is You Select Active Utility Function in PC3k ,Then You Disable Autoreallocation From Right Side In DE Where You Built Head Map .But The Issue Is That It Never Works ,I am Not Too Bad With Pc3k though Its Been Less then 1 Year i am Using It

hdd00

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2o1e9f4h][post]4687[/post] But The Issue Is That It Never Works
And the reason for not working is probably because of what I was saying...Some sort of pending in firmware...If you connect terminal you will see that are hundred of messages there and the hdd is in busy state.

hdd00":1m1e6zzr said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":1m1e6zzr][post]4687[/post] But The Issue Is That It Never Works
And the reason for not working is probably because of what I was saying...Some sort of pending in firmware...If you connect terminal you will see that are hundred of messages there and the hdd is in busy state.

Well,
This Case Is solved But Your Answer is 100% Wrong ,I Repeat Has Anyone Seen This Feature Working Yes or NO

hdd00

OK...I have no idea on what's going on your hdd...Only you can tell, if you can. What I was told you is something that could happend on a samsung M8 series when one try to get data off it...If it was your case or not I can't tell you because I don't have your hdd in my hands...

Rgds

jol

I don't know if you noticed but has nothing to do with autoreeassign on/off its read retry count and ECC on/off

jol":3m5ggcun said:
I don't know if you noticed but has nothing to do with autoreeassign on/off its read retry count and ECC on/off

True ,
It Is Related To ECC Control of Sectors And Read Retry ,Might Be They Do Make a Difference ,But This is Not Tried

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":136ud57t]Hello All ,
Today i got a Case Where The Drive Came With Heads Stuck On Platter Issue .The Same Was Rectified In My Clean Room .Now The Current Situation is That Heads 0,1,2 From The Four Present 0,1,2,3 Are Cloning Fine .The Top Head 3 Is Having Reading Issues .Why Does This Happen Is My First question " Is It due To The Fact That Dust Settles While We Do The Procedure In The Cleanroom ? . I Always Blow Away Dust With a Manual Blower While i Am In The Procedure or About To Close The Case Top Lid .Am i Overdoing The dust Blowing ? . My Second Problem is That i Would Like To Ask My Friends

Question : How To Disable Autoreassign While Cloning These Samsung Drives ? In PC3K ,If I am Cloning The Top Head Head No 3 I Get The Following In Terminal .

I had case in exactly the same thing
I scanned in Data Eextractor
"Scan selected chains"
(I was able to copy some files before I canceled the Head 3)
In Head Map,
I canceled the Head 3

Then - Replacement HSA