AU6984 A53-MHL-GR Transcend USB 8GB Help Required

Hello,
As You All Know I am New To Flash ,In The Last 1 Month Learnt a Lot But Not The The Level i Can Handle This Case .The Details are as follows .

Case History : Customer Inserted The Pen Drive in a system and it became dead ,He did the same for another one it became dead too .So i got both the cases .Both of Them Are Transcend 8GB USB Pen Drives .He Says he has JPG images on one he is after .I was also to solve one case mysef but not the other one .I need your help and assistance here .

Current Case : The Main Controller is AU6984 , A53-MHL-GR . The 2 NAND Chips Are Marked Samsung , K9HBG08U1A .I have PC3K Flash Ver 4.0 + TSOP48 Adapter With Version 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 Software .PC3K Identifies The Same As 0xECD555A5 K9LAG08U0A . Why is the Chip marking identified differently ? .Each NAND Has Two Portions inside Each Hence in Chip Reading i Get 4 Reads Each 2GB Each .I am so amazed that i have Applied ECC on all the chips but approx 1.49 from 2GB are not corrected per 2GB wafers read.I did have the exact same issue with my other chip of the same case but i got 100% data .I tried PC3K XOR Analyses it says its not there might be this controller does not have XOR .

PS : Thanks For Assistance In Advance ...

pcn":38dv38q9 said:
Hi Amabir,

have you tried the read retry options (create map, create submap of uncorrected, reread)? Also try lower voltages, might improve reading. On some Samsung NANDs I get better reading results by heating the chip.

See also here: http://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000-f ... adout.html

Kind regards,
pcn

Hi PCN ,
I tried all the stunts To get a better read ,But The ECC Application Is a Little Different Here .My dumps were 0,1,2,3 .We Needed To Rotate Them And Combine Them ,Then Only ECC Could Be Generated Effectively To Make a Good Recovery ,I will Make a Video On My Channel For This To Make You Folks Understand .The Difference Is That Earlier When Ace Engineers Used To Provide Me With Remote Assistance In a Flash Case It Used To Never Register In My Brain Cells ,Now i Can Understand 75% of It Clearly And Its Fun ,You Will Really Like That Video [ I Will Mention Your Post And Name In That ] ,Today Was a Damn Interesting Day i Nailed 2 Of Those Cases .