ApexTool And ER-Tools E Type Tools - I am Yet To Be Convinced

Hi,
My Debate is on the Tool Itself ,The E Type Tools That Go On The Platter And Try Get The Heads Out From The Inner Parking Area Or Try To Unstuck a Head .I can give you convincing Evidence that These Tools Need To Be Refined Or Modded To Make The Task Work Properly .I am Open To Debate With Alexander From ER-Tools And Andrey For Apextools . Andrey had send me Set 1 Of Rampset 2.5" And Out of the 4 Sets he sent me only 1 Works properly not the other once .I am yet to try the E type Tools From Apextools but As i have the ER-Tools of the Same E Type i am sure there is no difference they are both Same to Same .My observation on this E type tools is that were as it might be useful for some families we cannot saw the same for other families even if stated compatible in their manuals .The Reason is The HDA Black Frame And the Design of those .Just 2 Days Back i Worked On a Denali Western Digital Family 2.5" 320GB and The ER-Tools E Type Tool Was Utter Useless .I would Like To Present a Video on This This Week Itself And Show The Issues To Andrey And Alexander .I will Email Both on Them Regarding this Design Issue .Just because we get a sample does not mean we have to say the tool is good ,If the Developer is indeed a guy who listens i will be glad if not then we cannot do anything about it .I am also sure its not hard to make a Head unstuck tool for Rosewood ST1000LM035 And ST2000LM007

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2zshe1fm]Hi,
My Debate is on the Tool Itself ,The E Type Tools That Go On The Platter And Try Get The Heads Out From The Inner Parking Area Or Try To Unstuck a Head .I can give you convincing Evidence that These Tools Need To Be Refined Or Modded To Make The Task Work Properly .I am Open To Debate With Alexander From ER-Tools And Andrey For Apextools . Andrey had send me Set 1 Of Rampset 2.5" And Out of the 4 Sets he sent me only 1 Works properly not the other once .I am yet to try the E type Tools From Apextools but As i have the ER-Tools of the Same E Type i am sure there is no difference they are both Same to Same .My observation on this E type tools is that were as it might be useful for some families we cannot saw the same for other families even if stated compatible in their manuals .The Reason is The HDA Black Frame And the Design of those .Just 2 Days Back i Worked On a Denali Western Digital Family 2.5" 320GB and The ER-Tools E Type Tool Was Utter Useless .I would Like To Present a Video on This This Week Itself And Show The Issues To Andrey And Alexander .I will Email Both on Them Regarding this Design Issue .Just because we get a sample does not mean we have to say the tool is good ,If the Developer is indeed a guy who listens i will be glad if not then we cannot do anything about it .I am also sure its not hard to make a Head unstuck tool for Rosewood ST1000LM035 And ST2000LM007

thanks for the feedback

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really used their ramp set tools much (I prefer my own homebrew tools for that) but I've had good experiences so far with the E-Type tools. Obviously, you've got to be really careful since it's a metal tool a few microns away from the platter surface, but if you've got a steady hand and take your time they work fine.