Anyone tried these headcombs?

when will ER tools gonna be available ?? should I start thinking in other directions, especially for drives with Heads park on Platters ?? and what are the best options because I cant afford HDDSurgery tools for now..

Thanks

w.simon

pclab":1lk9yglx said:
Ok, so today I opened the box ehehehe
I tested this head comb: http://www.hddheadtools.com/product/sea ... d-7200-12/

Took a while to check how to "plug it in". I just had 3 drives here to play and only one was supported...
But, on the one that fit, it was pretty good. One thing is missing: a way to avoid the head to get out from the comb. Sometimes I felt I needed 3 hands.
Besides that, it was smooth and felt assured that it does what is necessary.

PS: By the way: how may kits of head swap tools do you have?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hello

I have this one too since a few week, like nuno said, it miss the locking pin but it do the work, you need to be more carefull to do the job, but woth the money !

Am very sorry if that sounds rude to you. Maxtor Diamond requires more experience, and probably a special tool like HDDSurgery and from your question, I really don't think you have handled such case before.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Bankole Oladoja":1rqnaor9 said:
Am very sorry if that sounds rude to you. Maxtor Diamond requires more experience, and probably a special tool like HDDSurgery and from your question, I really don't think you have handled such case before.

I'm pretty sure Michael knows what he's doing, he's been around for a while. :D

I know I hate those park on platter models too. Usually is best to just spin the platters and get the heads to the edge, then slip some plastic clips into there to lift and separate the heads.

Thank you Jared for your answer.
My doubt is more about how to manually move heads outside the platters without damaging heads or surface.
Without using hddsurgery tool, we have to move heads manually outside the platters while turning them in counterclockwise direction.
I know that this technique is a little risky if not done properly, for this reason i was searching for a tool similar to hddsurgery but not that expensive.