Any Reason to Buy Atola?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've never owned any Atola products and I'm curious. Already owning PC-3000 is there any useful purpose to buy Atola? As in, does it offer any features Ace doesn't already have?

I just can't see how they justify the cost otherwise.

lcoughey

I did a review comparison review of DeepSpar, Atola and ddrescue a few years back when Atola Imager first hit the scene. http://www.recoveryforce.com/hard-drive ... -ddrescue/

At that point, I was not impressed. Since then, Atola has added more features, but it looks like they are now just catering to forensics world. The last I checked, Atola Insight was more expensive than PC3K+DE, which makes no sense why anyone would pay more for a product that does less.

jinarto

Hi Jared, same question with me. i have question about atola forensic tool too. mine tool from ACE not enough port now. then i think need PC-3000 Express. but i hear atola forensic is standalone tool for DR support USB + IDE + SATA.
Somebody have atola and have pc-3000 from ACE then please give more information about ATOLA please.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't bother with Atola at all now. They're really moving away from data recovery and into forensics.

As an affordable option to just add more channels, perhaps consider buying an MRT. It's nowhere close to PC-3000, but still a pretty good imaging tool once you get the drive working (using PC-3000)

Jared":1nt0fo6t said:
I wouldn't bother with Atola at all now. They're really moving away from data recovery and into forensics.

As an affordable option to just add more channels, perhaps consider buying an MRT. It's nowhere close to PC-3000, but still a pretty good imaging tool once you get the drive working (using PC-3000)

Hi,
MRT Ultra is a great Tool ,I Have MRT Ultra X 1 And MRT Express X 2 As Far As This Brand Of Tools Is Concerned