Another source for FW (only PC3K)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The firmware will still work for MRT or DDL. RPM is the standard format for most pro systems now. You'll just need someone with a PC-3000 to extract the necessary RPM files from the data base files for you.

I'd been bugging them about getting a copy of their firmware database, and they said they were going to do it. I guess they decided to self host it rather than give me a copy. Same end result I guess, we all get to use it so no complaints.

Maybe soon someone will perfect a way to extract RPM files from pcr database files a little faster than doing it one module at a time.

pclab

Well, I said PC3K because they are in PCR format.
There's a guy on the other forum, that claims he have a tool to extract them...

LarrySabo

pclab":3fy8s61m said:
[post]4043[/post] Well, I said PC3K because they are in PCR format.
There's a guy on the other forum, that claims he have a tool to extract them...
Yes, but he will convert them only upon request. Too bad he won't release a program to make it possible for us all to benefit. I'd bet a lot of techs would pay for that, given the breadth of Ace's repository. You'd think DDL would write one. I swear I saw reference to one a year or so ago but can't find it in spite of several searches.

LarrySabo

Thanks, Jol. I remember those discussions, but I think I saw it in the DFL forum. Searched there a number of times and couldn't find it, so either my memory is faulty or they've removed the link. I'll contact the author and see what he charges for the program, if he sells it yet.

HaQue

If I can get some examples of PCR Database, and extracted files from them, I may be able to write a tool for this.

pclab

The PCR files, you can get them from the HDDdonor FTP.
It would be a good thing, to develop such a tool.

HaQue

I would need some files that were extracted from the database, and the exact database. I don't have PC3k, and no context of these files, but if I had a database and files extracted, I think I could reverse it.