ABA to Track Conversion

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know how to figure out what ABA ranges are in which tracks on a drive?

Here's my situation. I've got a WD Europa drive that I know for a fact that I managed to read the tracks and modules. The modules are in the profile folder, but the tracks are strangely missing. I'm guessing that when I read the tracks (after hot swapping) I forgot to switch to the correct profile and they ended up getting saved somewhere else. So I'm hoping to find the serial number in the track to be sure it's the right set since I had bought a few donors for this case. Essentially I just need to know which track contains module 2.

Thanks.

w.simon

Hello

On simalar case here i used the DFL function to split tracks to modules, i don't know if there a similar function inside pc3k ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I suppose I could just extract the modules from tracks in PC-3000. Just that I'm not quite sure where they were saved, so it'll take a few tries. I was hoping to just search the right track file in hex for the serial number I want.

irs

the problem is that the only fixed ABA module in these old drives (without mod 20B) is mod 01 at ABA 0 = first sector on first used track.
you can see if you can enter utility form profile using mod 1 of your patient and in the dir editor you have ABA coordinates; if the offset is less than SPT should be in the same track of mod 01.

Luca

LarrySabo

Can you do a search for track backups created within a minute of the time the modules backup was created?